top of page

MetroVoice Information Network

Public·14 members
Kevin Vazquez
Kevin Vazquez

Capcom Arcade Stadium

Capcom Arcade Stadium is an arcade video game compilation by Capcom. It includes 32 arcade games originally published by Capcom between 1984 and 2001.[1][2] The compilation was initially released on Nintendo Switch in February 2021, then on PlayStation 4, Windows, and Xbox One later in May 2021,[3][4] and Amazon Luna in May 2022.

Capcom Arcade Stadium

The games run in an emulator which adds the ability to rewind gameplay, select difficulty, adjust game speed, and use nostalgic visual filters to simulate vintage arcade CRT screens.[13] Minor graphical alterations to the Street Fighter II games include the removal of the Rising Sun in E. Honda's stage, and the replacement of the Flag of Hong Kong SAR with the flag of the People's Republic of China for Fei Long in the character selection screen.[14] In May 2021, Capcom released paid DLC enabling an invincibility cheat for each game.[15]

For starters, the look of Capcom Arcade Stadium is neat. You can scroll around looking at arcade cabinets for every available game, while also sorting them into different categories, such as genre or whether or not you own them. You can even mark games as favorites to handle how they are sorted even further. When you go to play a game, it by default gives you a nice representation of the arcade cabinet, letting you (at the press of a button) drop a credit into the machine and then start playing. You can switch to a lot of different views (including TATE mode, so you can play these games vertically oriented), but I dig the charm of the way you almost peer into the arcade cabinet in the default view.

Summary: This pack would have a lot more heavy recommendations were it not for the fact that three of the games are available in other collections on Switch with more functionality. Still, this is a marked step up from the Dawn of the Arcade pack and one that has a decent amount of variety and some arcade classics like Final Fight, Street Fighter II, and Strider.

As mentioned above, the fighting games that are so central to both the history of Capcom and arcade culture itself are strikingly low in number. There are just four included, three of which are Street Fighter II variants. That otherwise leaves the visually lavish (if mechanically average) mech brawler CyberBots.

For those who own this collection and are able to rotate their TV, give this a try. Turn your TV on its side, choose any game, select one of the arcade cabinets from the display settings along with the curved screen filter for added effect, then put a credit in and enjoy. Use the right stick to look around too. It's cool as can be.

I would be all over this normally but my girlfriend bought me the capcom home arcade at Christmas so not much point in me buying this plus the CHA has alien vs predator which should be included on switch

capcom list another opportunity of doing things well... what's the point of do not allow to buy single games??????? I already have sf30th and beat em up bundle... so why should I waste my money buying the same games 2 times??? hate you capcom

I didn't realize that 1943 came free! I bought one pack JUST for that game lol. It's a nice front end though, the arcade vibe is cool. I just wish there as a mode (and I'm also looking at you Tetris) to just place these games in full screen TATE mode - be nice with the flip grip. Maybe it's in the setting somewhere but I haven't found it...

I have dabbled with this playing 1943. I have my TV on a rotating mount for vertical shooters. I'm very slightly disappointed that when docked though the screen can be freely rotated, the controls appear locked so that vertical shooters play as if side scrolling. It is great they included that option for Switch Lite users, but it would have been nice to have been able to play on a rotated TV - it feels amazing when it works coupled with an arcade stick. I'm glad it is Flip-grippable however.The pricing is excellent, and I feel I may go the whole hog here...P.s. Don't sleep on Progear - it's a great shooter.

I love that the arcade port of Final Fight is now available, either through this or the Beat 'Em Up Bundle, on the Switch. Once you play it, it's hard to go back to the very watered down Super Nintendo version, which I thought was great, until I realized all the censoring, the missing level, no Guy, no 2 player mode, much reduced difficulty, etc.

After the Nintendo Direct last week, I downloaded just to try out 1943 and was pleasantly surprised to see Ghosts N' Goblins was free, too! It seems like a really well put-together package, and it is very classy of them to allow vertical screen rotation for the "tate" shoot-em-ups. A while back I bought a rotating TV mount for just this reason! I'm tempted now to pick up a decent arcade stick...

I haven't bought the 3 packs yet, but probably will in time. I think I may be seduced by the convenience and buy the eShop version rather than wait for physical. It will nice to dip in and out of these arcade classics while maining some more robust games.

Finally something on the switch that lets me use my hori hayabusa arcade stick. Admittedly the coin and player 1 start buttons on the side are fiddly but two little stick on buttons to distinguish them from others has unleashed the shooting and fighting fun. Last night I finished forgotten worlds!!! I had this pcb for years in the cabinet and could not get close to finishing it. Unlimited virtual money certainly helped. So many good titles here. Bubble bobble and money puzzle exchanger move aside. There is a new game in my slot. If only taito could do something similar with their library of arcade gems too!Nice...

@OscarNizero EDIT: If it's twin-stick that let's you fire in any direction at any time then no. The R stick will rotate around the character when not firing and rotate itself when firing (like the arcade). You might want to bump up the rotation speed in the menu because it'll take a split second to rotate to the position you want. Although even at max, I wish it could spin faster.

I'm hoping they add more titles down the line. Capcom's arcade history is so rich with great titles, that these 32 just feel like an appetizer. This could be the ultimate Capcom collection, but sadly, it probably won't be.

@mr_benn Yes, I found the push the right stick for credits a pain too. With the arcade stick I found I had to have my pro controller as player 2 to add credits!@OorWullie Cheers. I think it won't be long before this could be on sale...

Capcom Arcade Stadium is an arcade game compilation released on February 17, 2021 for the Nintendo Switch. It was announced at the 2020 Game Awards.[1] It was later released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (via Steam) on May 25.

The games run in an emulator which adds the ability to rewind gameplay, select difficulty, adjust game speed, and use nostalgic visual filters to simulate vintage arcade CRT screens.[8] Minor graphical alterations to the Street Fighter II games are the removal of the Rising Sun Flag, and the replacement of the Flag of Hong Kong SAR with the flag of the People's Republic of China.[9] In October 2021, it was confirmed that the games have been made available for individual purchase instead of being only available in bundles.[10]

A new way to enjoy Capcom's famous arcade games. Comes packed with all-new features and options, like gameplay rewind, speed and difficulty level adjustment, and the ability to save and load your game anywhere, any time. Capcom Arcade Stadium lets you play old favorites in a brand new way!Whether you're a newcomer or an arcade veteran, there's something here for you. Try playing co-op or head-to-head locally with your friends, comparing your scores and times over the online leaderboards, or just play through each game at your own pace.Out of 32 total games in the collection, 18 support co-op. Co-op titles are listed below:

Capcom Arcade Stadium offers several features and mechanics designed to help increase the playability and longevity of every bundled arcade classic. Save states for all games are available as standard, while a Rewind feature lets you skip back the action a few seconds at the mere press of Right Shoulder. Left Shoulder toggles ROM speed, allowing players to increase or decrease the live speed of each title. It certainly makes an interesting experiment (and sometimes improvement) to play some of your favorite games at twice the tempo, while the option is also there to slow trickier shmup encounters to a crawl. But why would you do that?

Relive Capcom's arcade glory in what could be the go-to arcade compilation. Nice quality-of-life features and tons of menu options; however it lacks any extra audiovisual content that could have really cemented it as a piece of gaming history.

Just Like the Good Old DaysFrom 3D-rendered arcade cabinets to scanline filters, there's everything you need to recreate that arcade atmosphere. Fully customizable display settings let you craft your own personal experience and truly relive the glory days of arcade gaming.

From 3D-rendered arcade cabinets to scanline filters, there's everything you need to recreate that arcade atmosphere. Fully customizable display settings let you craft your own personal experience and truly relive the glory days of arcade gaming.

Parents need to know that Capcom Arcade Stadium is a collection of classic arcade games available for download on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PCs. The base game is a free download and includes on arcade title, 1943: The Battle of Midway. Players can purchase the other 30+ available games in packs of 10 or as a complete package. Games in the collection range from side-scrolling beat-'em-ups, arcade shooters, fighting games, and more. Some games in the collection feature more mature content than others, including some mild profanity, blood, and some sexualized characters. The mature titles also feature some characters drinking and smoking cigars. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page